Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Quick Update

Just finished a quick session. Things were a little rough starting, but the cards cooperated when I needed them to. I didn't lose any huge hands, but there were a ton of small hands I didn't get away from. I played a lot tighter but a lot more aggressive than normal playing about 15.2/8/6 for the session. Things at work have been kind of hectic so I wanted to get back into the habit of updating right after the session so that this is a little more regular.

Here's one hand that is bothering me, though. The player was playing fairly tight. I think I made the right decision, but I still wanted to make this call.



132 minutes
686 hands
+47.35

4 comments:

JT said...

Hard to say... He could have been betting TPTK the same way and made a big bet on the river since there was a possible flush and straight and you portrayed a weak hand on all streets. However, the value raise on the river concerns me a little. You probably made a good fold.

Lum said...

why didn't you reraise pre-flop? You said he was tight so he probably had a good hand that he would have called or pushed with.

Tenor1 said...

I wanted to make the call, but was worried about possible 2 pair or set. The problem was the line that I was playing. Check/calling on all streets just put me in a really bad position because I never forced him to define his hand.

Watching again, I needed to three bet pre-flop and I needed to bet the turn. Him calling the check raise on the flop is worrisome.

TPTK, KK, two pair & set are all likely scenarios. I'm not so sure about drawing to the flush. In the first two cases, I'm crushing the guy, but it's a problem of my own creation. Ending up where I was, I didn't want to pay off on a coordinated board.

Bonehead play on my part not getting more information, though.

James P McAteer said...

Here's my fishy take on this hand... I agree with reraising on flop. He is tight so if he calls you know he has a hand. If he was stealing with something like suited connectors, he would probably let the hand go against a big reraise which would be a good result.

Don't agree with check on turn - you got no information and you weren't going for check raise so he got a free card to make his flush.

I might have checked the river - if he bets its not hard to fold with flush and straight possibilities + I lose less money.

Reraise on river was not a bluff. Probably made his flush - or was trapping with a straight. I think folding was definitely correct.